From: "Simon Schäfer" <SirTwist@×××.de>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] hang up on generating modprobe.conf
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 22:47:06
1 ok here we go trying to do a basic iso for a gamecd
2
3 I tested the minimal livecd and it worked (after some tweaking). No i added
4 two packages ati-drivers and nvidia-drivers and started the buildprocess with
5
6 catalyst -a -f livecd-stage2-minimal.spec
7
8 after a lot of compiling it come to this point:
9
10 ...
11 *
12 * Make sure you have the latest genkernel before reporting bugs.
13 * Updating /etc/modules.conf ...
14 * [ ok ]
15 * Updating /etc/modprobe.conf ...
16 * Warning: could not generate /etc/modprobe.conf!
17 * [ !! ]
18 * Updating /etc/modprobe.conf by hand ...
19
20 i don't know why it can't generate modprobe.conf. But what i know (after some
21 restarts of my computer) is that this generating by hand is eating all my
22 memory(2GB phys+2GB Swap) and this very fast if i dont break with CTRL+C this
23 will stop my pc from working.
24
25 looks like an endless loop
26