From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Finally getting around to building live CDs with Catalyst
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:28:32
1 Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
3 >> I'm finally getting around to building my live CDs! Chris will probably
4 >> remember how long it's been that I've wanted to do this, but *I've*
5 >> forgotten. :)
6 >>
7 >> In any event, everything appears to be working, although I did have a
8 >> question:
9 >>
10 >> At one point in the build from "livecd stage1", it complained that "gli"
11 >> was masked. I put a "package.unmask" and a "package.keywords" in
12 >>
13 >> /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/default/livecd-stage1-i686-rameau-0.1/etc/portage/
14 >>
15 >> and it went forward. Was that the right thing to do and the right way to
16 >> do it?
17 >
18 > No. There's an option in the spec file for a /etc/portage overlay (I
19 > believe), or you could just unmask it in your snapshot. Catalyst is
20 > supposed to be non-interactive, which means not having to insert
21 > something into the chroot in the middle of the build :)
22 >
23 >> Also, if I want a live CD *without* the installer, how would I set
24 >> that up?
25 >
26 > Remove sys-apps/gli from the spec file.
29 Thanks!! I looked for gli and didn't see it.
30
31 One other question -- how do I get "~x86" into the build? Is there an
32 overlay for "/etc/make.conf" too?
33 --
34 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list