From: Jeff Davidson <supermonkey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] specifying global USE
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 14:39:09
1 I'm working on my own set of stage tarballs since I want a few USE flags
2 that differ from the default, namely:
3
4 nptl nptlonly userlocales -ipv6 -fortran -nls
5
6 However, it looks like glibc wasn't compiling with my flags, since it
7 was working in a -linuxthreads directory instead of an -nptl
8 directory. So, two questions:
9
10 1) Why isn't the USE setting from my envscript not going through?
11
12 bash-2.05b# cat /etc/catalyst/catalyst.conf | grep envscript=
13 envscript="/root/livecd/catalyst-env.sh"
14
15 bash-2.05b# cat /root/livecd/catalyst-env.sh
16 export GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://mirror.datapipe.net/gentoo"
17 export USE="nptl nptlonly userlocales -fortran -ipv6 -nls"
18
19 2) Just out of curiousity, does the portage_confdir setting work in the
20 stage builds? I understand I could do this, but for things like nptl,
21 ipv6, and nls, there are so many packages with these USE flags that to
22 go through and add a listing for each one manually seems like overkill
23 to me.
24
25 Thanks,
26 -Monkey