From: LarryT <gparted@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] problem with /dev mounted ...
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 14:04:37
1 Thx andreas for your reply.
2 It doesnt seem to be the problem here.
3 Something seems to be mounted twice, but i cant find two udev service
4 running..
5 BTW i made a checkout from svn to another gentoo which i run from within
6 VMware, and all is okay. So, iguess this is the last partage update on
7 my "real" gentoo that made a mess....
8
9 Andreas Rückert wrote:
10 > Hallo!
11 >
12 > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
13 > Datum: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 22:11:19 +0100
14 > Von: LarryT <gparted@×××××.com>
15 > An: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
16 > CC:
17 > Betreff: [gentoo-catalyst] problem with /dev mounted ...
20 >> Hi all,
21 >> I have a problem since last pportage update of my gentoo.
22 >> when i run the stage1 and 2 to build my livecd i get an error about /dev
23 >> which is still mounted. I can reboot or umount -fl the device, but the
24 >> problem comes back.
25 >> What may i try, please ?
28 > Do you have an additional udev daemon running? I have this problem for quite a
29 > while. It seems to me, that this (2nd) udevd is started during the installation
30 > of udev. I have to kill it manually during the catalyst run, and things work
31 > ok then.
32 >
33 > Ciao,
34 > Andreas