From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] blocks in 2005.0 specfiles
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 14:55:50
1 On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 09:39 -0400, Ryan Lynch wrote:
2 > I was just looking over the 2005.0 livecd stage2 specfiles, and I noticed that it tries to install ipw2100 as well as ipw2200. I'm trying to build a livecd to contain my own install stages, and I'd like it to be as close to the Gentoo livecd as possible. The problem is I can't install both ipw2100 and ipw2200 because the packages block eachother, any idea how the releng guys got around the block in building the livecd?
3
4 Also, you will have to use the *exact* versions of ipw2x00 that we used
5 for the 2005.0 release, otherwise the ieee modules that both use are not
6 identical, and you will get a failure in one or the other when they
7 load. It just so happened that the versions we had available used
8 identical code.
9
10 It was a quick and dirty hack, and personally, I recommend people just
11 drop one or the other. We might have to do the same on the next
12 release. ;[
15 Chris Gianelloni
17 Games - Developer
18 Gentoo Linux