From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Can't create livecd-stage1: error during configuration of gaim
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 14:54:45
1 On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 16:33 +0200, Alex wrote:
2 > > First, an error emerging gaim is not catalyst's fault. It's up to you to
3 > > determine why it won't build and fix it.
4 > Yes, _that_ isn't catalyst's fault, but catalyst's fault is maybe the
5 > other one.
6 >
7 > How you can see in the error-message, catalyst isn't able to unmount dev.
8 >
9 > > Second, you should really be using catalyst-2.0_pre45 as 1.x is no
10 > > longer supported.
11 > Oh, I didn't know. So it seems I've to try it with the unstable version.
12
13 Not unstable... testing. Gentoo doesn't have anything "unstable" in the
14 tree that isn't under package.mask.
15
16 It is definitely stable. More so than the "stable" version. The only
17 reason it is not marked stable is I wish to wait until 2.0 final is
18 released before marking it stable. I am currently waiting on a couple
19 fixes to go in so I can roll 2.0_rc46, then I plan on rebadging rc46 as
20 2.0 final, if no new bugs are found.
23 Chris Gianelloni
24 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
25 x86 Architecture Team