From: Ramon van Alteren <ramon@××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] genkernel kernel location and version
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:39:02
1 Hi List,
4 I'm using catalyst to build stage4 system images for our cluster.
5 So far this has worked great for us.
6
7 I do have two questions.
8
9 Right now the only kernel references in our specfile is:
10 boot/kernel/gentoo/sources: =sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-<version>
11
12 At the end of the boot process I'm left with two problems:
13
14 * /usr/src/linux points to /tmp/kerncache/gentoo/usr/src/linux
15
16 This dir doesn't exist anymore because we clean /tmp both at the end
17 of the stage4 building and on reboots.
18
19 * The gentoo-sources-<version> dir is missing from /usr/src.
20
21 For some reason I do have the latest gentoo-sources du jour there,
22 depending on latest stable.
23 But not the kernel-source we specified in boot/kernel/gentoo/sources
24 in the specfile.
25
26 Are there any known workarounds or features to the get the desired
27 behaviour (kernel-<version> source in /usr/src and correct
28 /usr/src/linux symlink)?
29
30 Thanx,
31