From: Raphael Melo de Oliveira Bastos Sales <raphael.melo21@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] livecd without a burner
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:42:37
1 Check this out:
2 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/releng/catalyst/reference.xml
3
4 Look for this:
5 livecd/iso optional location to put the generated .iso file
6 livecd/iso: /tmp/my_livecd.iso
7
8 I think it answers your questions:
9
10 On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:32:46 -0500, Jared Greenwald
11 <greenwaldjared@×××××.com> wrote:
12 > I have to admit upfront that I'm just now trying to get catalyst
13 > working. I'm using the HOWTO on the gentoo-wiki page as it seems like
14 > a pretty good guide.
15 >
16 > Anyway, the question is, can the livecd be made into a plain iso file
17 > that can be moved around from machine to machine? I only say this
18 > because my "crash" machine that I'm using to test out livecd creation
19 > is limited and doesn't have a cdr, but I could just as easily move a
20 > 800M file over my LAN to my desktop and burn the cd there...
21 >
22 > Maybe I just haven't seen the results of the catalyst command (I'm
23 > just running the catalyst -f now) and this will be obvious then...
24 >
25 > Thanks,
26 > Jared
27 > --