From: Christophe PEREZ <christophe.perez@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: Re: livecd-stage1 pkgconfig
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:32:26
1 Le Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:12:59 -0400, Chris Gianelloni a écrit :
2
3 > Well, in all of my testing, since the first time .bashrc is read, it
4 > deletes /etc/startx, I didn't have any issues. Perhaps my sessions are
5 > starting slower than yours?
6
7 slower or faster, may be.
8 Because, sometimes, it works even with lines uncommented.
9 Use of xinitrc could be better, isn't it ?
10 And xinitrc could permit to adapt better the X start for something more
11 complicated than just a "su - user -c startx".
12 If I want to use it, what service will be started by ?
13
14 I know it's not really a catalyst question, but catalyst have its
15 particular work (like autoconfig etc...).
16
17 Another thing.
18 I try to have sound in my livecd.
19 I added alsa in my kernel, alsa-utils in packages, and alsa-sound at boot.
20 But, sound doesn't work.
21 If I restart alsa-sound, it works.
22 May be alsa-sound should be started after another service ?
23 An idea ?
26 Christophe PEREZ
27 --
28 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list