From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] ccache cache deleted during stage2 build
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 03:18:21
1 Please file a bug about this.
2
3 Tom Stellard wrote:
4 > I am using the latest version of catalyst from git(commit
5 > 16745ae35961557a1205b5c86419d1aa496fcdf7). I noticed that when the
6 > stage2-preclean-chroot.sh script calls cleanup_stages() in
7 > chroot_functions.sh, it deletes everything in $CHROOT_PATH/var/tmp,
8 > but since $CHROOT_PATH/var/tmp/ccache is still bound to
9 > /var/tmp/ccache my cache that lives outside of the chroot is cleared
10 > as well. I have attached a patch that appears to fix the problem. I
11 > am not sure if there are any ill side-effects from this patch, but
12 > since the "clean" action sequence also clears /var/tmp/*, is it really
13 > necessary to do it in the stage2-preclean-chroot.sh script?
14 >
15 > -Tom Stellard
20 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
21 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead