From: Shinkan <shinkan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] LiveCD without Initrd
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 18:08:20
1 2009/11/27 Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
2
3 > On 11/27/2009 07:49 AM, Shinkan wrote:
4 > > Hi again,
5 > >
6 > > I would like to build a stage2 livecd which would contain a kernel
7 > > without initrd.
8 >
9 > The CD will not boot without an initramfs. The linuxrc in it is what mounts
10 > the
11 > squashfs on the ISO and calls switch_root.
14 Right, silly me ...
15
16 Anyway, passing "--static" to genkernel gives a working boot sequence with
17 no modules.
18 Thanks.
22 > --
23 > Andrew Gaffney
24 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/ <http://dev.gentoo.org/%7Eagaffney/>
25 > Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering
26 > Lead
32 Pierre.
33 "Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I
34 wonder why we think faster than we speak. Probably so we can think twice." -
35 Bill Watterson