From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] catalyst-2's pre-kmerge.sh trying to create files in /usr/share/genkernel/amd64
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 13:49:03
1 Charles Duffy wrote:
2 > Howdy. I'm trying to build a netboot2 target (using catalyst-2.0.4)
3 > targeting amd64.
4 >
5 > pre-kmerge.sh is trying to create files in
6 > /usr/share/genkernel/${clst_hostarch}; for amd64, that directory does
7 > not exist, and attempts to write (and thus the pre-kmerge.sh script)
8 > fail. /usr/share/genkernel/x86_64, on the other hand, *does* exist.
9 >
10 > Should pre-kmerge.sh include a mkdir -p in it? Should the x86_64
11 > directory actually be named amd64 (since that's the valid subarch name)?
12 > Or is there another solution I'm missing here?
13 >
14 > Thanks!
15
16 You are probably the first person to try building a netboot image using catalyst
17 for amd64. The reason you're seeing this is because of a mismatch between the
18 kernel arch name and portage/catalyst's arch name.
19
20 The proper solution is probably to provide some sort of mapping in catalyst for
21 portage -> kernel arch names. However, it's likely that this already exists in
22 the code. The netboot2 code just needs to utilize this mapping when it is
23 copying those files.
24
25 Please file a bug for this, and I'll take a look when I get a chance.
28 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
29 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
30 --
31 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list