From: Johan Tibell <johan.tibell@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: Using masked packages in Catalyst .spec file
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:52:08
1 Branched from a question to Chris regarding using masked packages when
2 building a minimal CD.
3
4 > > Hi,
5 > >
6 > > I'm trying to build my own version of the 2006.0 minimal CD with
7 > > madwifi support (I realize that madwifi is unstable). I've added a
8 > > madwifi to the use flag section and madwifi-driver to the package
9 > > section. I can't run "catalyst -f livecd-stage1-minimal-madwifi.spec"
10 > > though since madwifi-driver is masked (error attached below). How do I
11 > > unmask a package for the build?
12 >
13 > You cannot. You need to unmask it in your snapshot, or use
14 > portage_overlay to create a portage overlay.
15
16 I found a portage_confdir variable in one of the .spec file that I can
17 have point at a package.keywords file. Can you confirm that this is a
18 way to use masked packages?
19 --
20 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list