From: Tom Stellard <tstellar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Creating an iso image with no snapshot
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 05:35:02
1 On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 06:01:39AM +0100, Steve Dommett wrote:
2 > On Friday 07 August 2009, Tom Stellard wrote:
3 > > I noticed that when I build a liveCD, the portage snapshot I used to
4 > > build the stages is included in the iso file. Is there a config value
5 > > I can set so that the snapshot is not included in the iso?
6 > >
7 > > -Tom
10 > Perhaps livecd/rm?
11 >
12 > An example from the Gentoo releng 2008.0 spec files:
13 > livecd/rm:
14 > /etc/*-
15 > /etc/*.old
16 > /root/.viminfo
17 > /var/log/*.log
18 > /usr/share/genkernel/pkg/x86/*.bz2
19 >
20 > Cheers,
21 > Steve.
22 >
23 I think the snapshot is being added after the stage has been built.
24 The snapshot I am trying to remove is not installed in the root directory.
25 If you mount the iso file there will 3 directories: docs, isolinux,
26 snapshot. The snapshot directory contains the portage snapshot, which
27 is the one I am trying to remove.
28
29 -Tom