From: Ted Kosan <tkosan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] mkxf86config mouse detection
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 21:25:49
1 First, thanks again for the help I received on getting a Java VM on a LiveCD
2 configured correctly :-)
3
4 The next problem I am encountering involves mkxf86config ( version 0.9.7 ) not
5 detecting the mouse when it generates the xorg.conf file.
8 Here is what mkxf86config places in the ServerLayout section of the xorg.conf
9 file it generates:
10
11 Section "ServerLayout"
12 Identifier "X.Org Configured"
13 Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
14 InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
15 # PS/2 Mouse not detected
16 # InputDevice "Serial Mouse" "AlwaysCore"
17 # USB Mouse not detected
18 #No Synaptics touchpad found
19 EndSection
22 And for comparison, here is what "Xorg -configure" places in the ServerLayout
23 section of the xorg.conf file:
24
25 Section "ServerLayout"
26 Identifier "X.org Configured"
27 Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
28 InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
29 InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
30 EndSection
33 I have tested mkxf86config on three laptop machines and it did not detect the
34 touchpad/mouse nor a USB mouse on any of them.
37 Does anyone have some ideas on what I should try next?
38
39 Thanks in advance,
40
41 Ted Kosan