From: lurker <lurker@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] LiveCD fs root creation
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:06:49
1 Hi,
2
3 How/when/where is the LiveCD's filesystem root "created"? With this I'm
4 referring to the actual fs root ("/") when running the CD, not the root
5 found in the squashfs image that is created during build time. For some
6 reason, these are not the same. It appears that only some directories
7 from the image appears on the LiveCD root, where some symlinks not
8 present in the image root also get created.
9
10 In my case I need /media to have KDED media manager automounting through
11 HAL. I explicitly create /media in my fsscript and have verified that it
12 indeed is created (by mounting the image) but it still doesn't appear on
13 the LiveCD root. This is also the case for the Gentoo LiveCD's. The
14 obvious solution is to create /media in local.start at every LiveCD boot
15 up but I would nonetheless like to know the procedure of how the LiveCD
16 root is set up from the contents of the image and if and how I can
17 modify it.
18
19 Peace.
22 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list