From: Isidore Ducasse <ducasse.isidore@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] unionfs and genkernel
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 15:53:37
1 le Fri, 01 Jun 2007 07:34:24 -0500
2 Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o> a écrit:
3
4 > Luca Casagrande wrote:
5 > > Hi to all!
6 > >
7 > > Looking in livecd-stage2 spec, i have seen that unionfs has been enabled
8 > > for livecd 2007.
9 >
10 > It's enabled, but it doesn't seem to work.
11 >
12 > > Wich versione of genkernel and kernel should i use to get this?
13 >
14 > We used genkernel-3.4.8 and gentoo-sources-2.6.19-r5 for the release.
15
16 As far as I know, unionfs doesn't work for >2.6.20 kernels. At least not portage's ones.
17 aufs on the sunrise overlay seems a very interesting alternative. Does someone know if there are plans to integrate it into standard portage tree?
18 --
19 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list