From: Shinkan <shinkan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] LiveCD without Initrd
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:49:56
1 Hi again,
2
3 I would like to build a stage2 livecd which would contain a kernel without
4 initrd.
5 I saw it is possible to specify genkernel options in spec file, so I put
6 "--static", but how can I be sure Catalyst will not put any initrd reference
7 in grub or things like this.
8
9 I would like to do this because I know my hardware targets so I do not want
10 a "Gentoo LiveCD" like initrd which loads almost every possible driver at
11 boot.
12
13 I'm open if is there's another solution than bypassing initrd.
16 Pierre.
17 "Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I
18 wonder why we think faster than we speak. Probably so we can think twice." -
19 Bill Watterson