From: lurker <lurker@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] catalyst related kernel problem?
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 17:17:47
1 On 12/01/08 17:49, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 02:20 +0100, lurker wrote:
3 >>> In my case, the only way I could get it to work consistently was to patch
4 >>> genkernel to use symbolic links instead, when setting up the initramfs.
5 >> After upgrading to busybox-1.8.2 I've not experienced this any more.
6 >> Perhaps it's just a coincidence due to the random nature of this problem.
7 >
8 > Are you talking about the host system or in your genkernel.conf ?
9
10 What I did was simply to add busybox-1.8.2 to the stage3 build, then
11 rebuild the livecd stages and generate the iso. But now I realise that
12 it probably doesn't have anything to do with what genkernel do later on
13 (?) as genkernel seems to use its own busybox (version 1.1.3) which is
14 uses for its initrd images. So I guess I just was lucky...
19 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list