From: "W. Trevor King" <wking@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Python 3 support
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 15:42:02
1 On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 11:34:06AM -0400, Matthew Ruffalo wrote:
2 > Since Python 3.2+ is available on all current Gentoo systems and
3 > will be from now on, I don't think there's anything to lose by doing
4 > a one-shot conversion and changing relevant hashbang lines to
5 > "#!/usr/bin/env python3".
6
7 I agree, but since it is still possible to run Portage and catalyst on
8 a Python-2-only system, I wouldn't be surprised if some folks want to
9 keep 2.x compatibility. Portage only supports Python ≥2.6, and dual
10 2/3 compatibility in that case shouldn't be too hard to maintain.
11
12 Cheers,
13 Trevor
16 This email may be signed or encrypted with GnuPG (http://www.gnupg.org).