From: Erick M <balkira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Encrypted livecd's - need testers
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 04:51:11
1 That's my whole point, you do not help people, you just give the illusion of
2 security, as of when you get caught the system does not protect anymore,
3 then the very purpose of your supposed protection falls apart.
4
5 Most people will think they are safe with encryption as in the contrary, it
6 is just asking for investigation and visibility!
7
8 You expose the user rather than protecting him.
9
10 so what's the point doing an encryption layer? to hide ~/.firefox or
11 /etc/init.d/tor ? Do you think you actually help the lil' chinese that
12 looks for using TOR? I do not think so at all! Using your software he *will*
13 get tortured if he stays silent. Hence he won't use it!
14
15 It's nice to implement features and I show much respect for that, but you
16 need a design in the back, a purpose, something strong and stable that is
17 lacking here. Is it worth? How can I break my system? all those questions
18 you don't seem to have an answer..as there is.
19
20 Add a legal dimension to your design and you're screwed man!
21
22 Or maybe is it the computer hype, anywhere we put some encryption sounds
23 sooooo l3333t?
24 I do not know but this does *not* make any sense at all!
25
26 but hey that's my 2 cent HO
27
28 <troll>
29 ok I'm off, dui!
30 </troll>
31
32 ps: and ohh yeah you do not seem afraid of going to jail, you look like a
33 tough man, lucky you!
34
35 Thanks for reading