From: Paul Smith <psmith@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Overwriting linuxrc
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 17:04:49
1 I wanted to use my own linuxrc in the initrd of my livecd (zoinks!)
2
3 Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any way to do that in Catalyst;
4 shouldn't there be a livecd/linuxrc option available in the Catalyst
5 config?
8 I tried to just add a --linuxrc=<filepath> flag to the
9 livecd/gk_mainargs option, but of course that won't work because
10 genkernel is run from within a chroot to livecd-stage1, where my
11 linuxrc, at <filepath>, doesn't exist... so it doesn't work. Catalyst
12 will need to copy that file into the stage1 directory and pass the
13 --linuxrc option to genkernel.
17 Paul D. Smith <psmith@××××××.com> HASMAT: HA Software Mthds & Tools
18 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
20 These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
21 --
22 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list