From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] about the systemd-tmpfiles patches
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 14:51:31
1 0) this is for bug 816303 and its fallout
2 https://bugs.gentoo.org/816303
3
4 1) for this to even have a chance of working, systemd-tmpfiles needs to be
5 in *stage1* (otherwise it can't be called at the start of the stage3
6 build).
7
8 Since we can perfectly add whole systemd to packages.build, adding only
9 systemd-tmpfiles on openrc stages is no big deal (I checked, it works).
10
11 2) systemd-tmpfiles only does as much as its already present config says
12
13 Which means we get an additional hook, but it's not doing too much yet.
14 I hope it's enough, so far I rebuilt stages 4 times with different package
15 sets and did not see any failures yet.
18 Andreas K. Hüttel
19 dilfridge@g.o
20 Gentoo Linux developer
21 (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)