From: Eric Ireland <artanin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Stage N Specfiles
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:02:28
1 In that case, would it be proper to make a copy of the default profile,
2 and modify it? If so, is there any documentation that you could direct
3 me to on setting up profiles?
4
5 Thanks,
6 Eric
7 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
8
9 >On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 12:36 -0500, Eric Ireland wrote:
12 >>I am working on putting together a custom linux solution, and I was
13 >>wondering where documentation for stage1/stage2/stage3 spec files are.
14 >>I need to know where I would specify packages to be installed in the
15 >>final stage 3.
19 >You cannot.
20 >
21 >The stages are built entirely based on the profile selected. You cannot
22 >add anything to a stage3 tarball other than what is in the profile's
23 >"system" definition. This is by design. If you want additional
24 >packages, they go in livecd-stage1.
30 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list