From: Isidore Ducasse <ducasse.isidore@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] linuxrc unfindable (by me, not the kernel) / who mounts the loop?
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 02:59:44
1 I'm trying to catch what happens on bootup over the livecd, before squashfs
2 loop gets mounted. My specfile says that linuxrc is not used by default, the
3 gentoo.igz archive on my cd doesn't hold any file (excepted fstab,
4 mentionning / and /proc), but grub mentions a /linuxrc and the cd obviously
5 starts the default init script on bootup before accessing the squashfs
6 loop... Who is mounting the loop anyway?
7
8 Since I could not find any linuxrc file on the cd archived or whatever, I
9 assume there's a /init living in the kernel's initramfs... and
10 grub's "init=/linuxrc" otion applies for initrd root only, so it gets zapped.
11 Am I wrong?
12
13 But I just can't find the original one... or any copy of it at all! Since I
14 don't want to re-invent the wheel, could anyone tell me where to get it?
15
16 By the way I couldn't find anything mentioning linuxrc on
17 http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-catalyst%40lists.gentoo.org/ . Is this
18 server hosting all the posts to the list?
19 --
20 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list