From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Wifi
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 17:11:10
1 On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 07:47 -0500, Kessler, Paul wrote:
2 > Has anyone played around with setting up wifi on a LiveCD? I was asked
3 > about doing that this morning, but I have always thought that there
4 > was a bit to much magic involved to get wifi setup that putting it on
5 > a liveCD might prove difficult. Any thoughts or comments on the
6 > subject would be appreciated.
7
8 Well, "net-setup eth0" works fine for manual configuration. If you're
9 just looking for scanning, it should work by default, depending on the
10 driver used for the card. Basically, it isn't any different than
11 setting up regular networking. If you want the CD to have a specific
12 ESSID/Key, then set it in /etc/conf.d/wireless in your fsscript.
15 Chris Gianelloni
16 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
17 x86 Architecture Team
18 Games - Developer