From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] More proposed Catalyst changes
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 09:02:15
1 On Tue, 2013-01-08 at 00:32 -0800, Brian Dolbec wrote:
2 > While making changes to catalyst for the tree move I noticed that there
3 > is in my view a serious design flaw in the way the python modules for it
4 > are laid out.
5
6 I've done quite a bit of the basic restructure. I still have a number
7 of files I can shorten the names for, now that they are in aptly named
8 directories. There is a lot of "from foo import *" imports to clean up
9 and specify the actual imports needed.
10
11 I have tested the code so far by making a snapshot run:
12
13 catalyst -c ./test.conf -s -f testsnap.spec
14
15 The code can be run directly from the git checkout with only a few
16 things needed to set it up
17
18 I personally create a "testpath" file (attached) in the base git
19 directory which I source with:
20
21 source ./testpath
22
23 just edit it to suit your paths.
24
25 I also created a test.conf file which I edited 2 variables to suit:
26
27 envscript="/home/brian/Dev/git/catalist/etc/catalystrc"
28 sharedir="/home/brian/Dev/git/catalyst/targets.sh"
31 I welcome more testing, beware you are likely to get some tracebacks
32 which I would like you to send me so I can fix them.
33
34 I will do more testing as I get more of the restructure finished, then
35 begin more thorough testing/debugging.
36
37 You can get a git clone of my rewrite work at:
38 http://dev.gentoo.org/~dolsen/catalyst/
39
40 rewrite branch
43 Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>