From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] livecd
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 13:36:59
1 Tais M. Hansen wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to build a new livecd with catalyst but it seems like no matter
5 > what I do, when the cd boots, it fails miserably mounting the cd. Booting
6 > with the debug option gives me a shell and I can manually mount the cd just
7 > fine.
8 >
9 > There must be some problem with the init script but I can't seem to figure out
10 > what?
11
12 This is a problem with genkernel-3.4.9. It's already fixed in SVN, and we'll be
13 releasing 3.4.10_pre1 soon. In the mean time, you can apply the patch 208477 or
14 use genkernel-3.4.9_pre6.
15
16 Also, you'll likely run into a problem with mounting the squashfs loopback. You
17 need to make sure you're using <squashfs-tools-3.3 or using >=gentoo-sources-2.6.24.
20 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
21 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
22 --
23 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list