From: Amit Dor-Shifer <amitds@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Autoresuming hides modifications in config file?
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 08:51:33
1 Hi,
2 I've modified my livecd stage2 file, adding an 'livecd/rcadd' entry.
3 Cranking up catalyst I got this message:
4
5 --- Running action sequence: rcupdate
6 Resume point detected, skipping rcupdate operation...
7
8 When I looked in
9 $storedir/tmp/$rel_type/livecd-stage2-amd64-101/etc/runlevels/, indeed
10 the service wasn't there.
11
12 I restarted catalyst, clearing autoresume points, and got a confirming
13 message that the rcscript was added, and also found it in the a/m tmp
14 folder.
15
16 Is that the way autoresume's intended to work? If so, should I clear
17 autoresume points upon every modification in a conf file?
18
19 Amit