From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] [rfc] Compile flag derivation logic (catalyst 2.x)
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 23:00:49
1 Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > >> Targets "stage3", "stage4", "generic_stage"
3 > >> 1) key "CFLAGS" subarch defaults
4 > >> 2) key "CFLAGS" earlier /etc/make.conf
5 > >
6 > > Are you saying that cflags specified in the spec file are totally
7 > > ignored for stage3 and stage4? That seems totally broken.
8 >
9 > That's my impression, yes.
10
11 Remember that the "proper" way to use catalyst is to build not only
12 the stage that you want but also those preceding it. So if you want a
13 stage4 then you should also build 1-2-3 first.
14
15 Considering that, it's not actually that bad an idea to only have
16 CFLAGS set while building stage 2, and later re-use that setting.
17
18 That said, this is kinda limited. I'm lazy so when I build my stage4
19 I start from a ready-made stage3 like I would on a manual install,
20 and sometimes I run into trouble because of it (perl 5.8->5.12 and
21 needing to hack perl-cleaner into the stage4 script), and I was
22 indeed expecting that my spec cflags would apply at least for what
23 got built in my stage4.
26 //Peter