From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Some easy sugestions to implement, I hope
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 23:15:38
1 On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 22:56 +0000, Nelson Batalha wrote:
2 > add a --pretend option to catalyst so when in the livecdstage1 target it
3 > would do what it usually does but launch emerge -pv instead, afterwards
4 > leaving the build to be resumed later (it had to require the resume option
5 > on the config).
6
7 Umm... use -V (--verbose)... ;]
8
9 > I would also like something like "--chroot" that would get me chrooted in
10 > the moment before the livecd packages emerge so I could figure out problems
11 > more easily. It should copy a script to the new / so one could leave it.
12
13 It isn't catalyst's job to fix breakages. In fact, we highly recommend
14 against *touching* any of the catalyst caches. Using them to *look* is
15 one thing, touching is a definite no-no. You don't need to chroot to
16 look. This isn't something I would likely implement, mostly because I
17 know how to use "chroot" and secondly because of the above stated
18 reason.
19
20 Also, don't email me directly regarding catalyst. This list is the best
21 place to discuss catalyst as well as get help. I prefer all
22 catalyst-related mails go here so they're archived and also so we can
23 foster some discussion, rather than keep things in private.
26 Chris Gianelloni
27 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
28 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
29 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
30 Gentoo Foundation