From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Problem with pam-login
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 19:01:15
1 On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 19:57 +0200, Alex wrote:
2 > Luca Casagrande wrote:
3 > > Hi to all!
4 > > I am getting this error on building my stage1 with latest 2.0:
5 > > !!! Error: the sys-apps/pam-login package conflicts with another package.
6 > > !!! both can't be installed on the same system together.
7 > > !!! Please use 'emerge --pretend' to determine blockers.
8 > >
9 > > Using this guide:
10 > > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_build_a_LiveCD#Possible_Problem
11 > > I have removed the package but i still got the error; before building it, i
12 > > have cleaned all the tmp folder.
15 > You could remove the "pam" use-flag or delete the folder
16 > /var/db/pkg/sys-apps/pam-login-* in catalyst's chroot. my way is to
17 > delete the folder and it works ;)
18
19 Deleting the directory causes portage to forget about it and its
20 contents. This means you have orphaned files in your build, which could
21 have any number of adverse effects on your final product. Luckily,
22 pam-login is fairly simple, so this isn't that damaging.
23
24 If you are getting a blocker in stage1, you should do one of two things
25 *only*:
26
27 1. Edit your seed stage, by using emerge to merge/unmerge packages
28 2. Edit your snapshot
29
30 Things that you should *never* do include trying to modify USE flags,
31 catalyst files, or editing anything in /var/db, as all of these can
32 produce unexpected results in your end product.
35 Chris Gianelloni
36 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
37 x86 Architecture Team
38 Games - Developer