From: Max Arnold <lwarxx@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] proper way to deviate in system use flags?
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 03:30:39
1 Hello all!
2
3 I'm trying to build my own stage4 with specific packages and use flags.
4 My steps are: stage3-i686-2007.0 + recent snapshot -> stage1 -> stage2 -> stage3 -> stage4
5 Specs for stages 1-3 are generic (just copied from releng/specs/2007.0/x86), and stage4
6 adds portage_confdir, stage4/use and several packages.
7
8 Stage4 compiles fine, but when I chroot to it and issue emerge -pvuDN world, portage
9 wants to remerge several system packages due to changed use flags (for example ipv6, which
10 is disabled in my stage4/use).
11
12 So it is seems that my stage4/use and portage_confdir does not affect system packages
13 (I guess that catalyst does only --emptytree when emerging stage4).
14
15 So, there are my questions:
16
17 1. Am I correct in assumption that use flags are stacked during stage4 like this:
18 profile -> stage4/use -> package.use (increasing priority from left to right)?
19 2. What is the proper (and simple to maintain) way to deviate slightly in system use flags?
20
21 My guesses:
22 1. Add 'hostuse' variable to earlier specs (stage3?)
23 2. Add 'portage_confdir' to earlier specs (but my -ipv6 listed in stage4/use and not in package.use)
24 3. Create new target (based on stage4 code) and add --newuse somewhere
25 4. Create my own profile (don't know where to put it and how to maintain during tree updates)
26
27 Any suggestions?
28 --
29 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list