From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: "gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o" <gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: team meeting
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 17:33:53
1 Doh! sent incorrectly... resending to the list
2
3 On Sun, 2013-12-29 at 03:31 -0800, Douglas Freed wrote:
4 > On Dec 29, 2013 3:19 AM, "Markos Chandras" <hwoarang@g.o>
5 > wrote:
6 > >
7 > > On 12/19/2013 02:31 AM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
8 > > > So, my "decision" is that all of us that were using master and
9 > relied on
10 > > > it, move to a catalyst release version or to a new branch to track
11 > > > catalyst-2 development. I had hoped to get some discussion about
12 > this on
13 > > > the meeting, but since I don't want us to wait so long, let's
14 > discuss
15 > > > this branch through e-mail.
16 > >
17 > > When you say "new branch" you mean the 3.0 ? When I joined the team
18 > I
19 > > was told the 3.0 branch was supposed to be used by "us" to provide
20 > > feedback and improve it as this was going to be the next master. Is
21 > this
22 > > still the case? I have been using it all along to provide the MIPS
23 > stages.
24 > >
25 > > --
26 > > Regards,
27 > > Markos Chandras
28 >
29 > Yeah, 3.0 is still destined to become master. I believe the plan is
30 > to take logical series from the 3.0 branch and submit them to the
31 > catalyst list for review and then get merged into master. It's nice
32 > to know that it works for a full stage3 and that we have release
33 > stages using it without issue.
34 >
35 > -dwfreed
38 Yeah, the "new branch" he referred to would be a 2.x branch to fix
39 anything needed to make a new 2.x release. But only if it was needed
40 before a 3.0 release was ready to be made.
41
42 And, A big thank you (from me) for running the 3.0 code since last
43 spring. Maybe some others in the releng team will take note of that and
44 not be quite so scared about the code changes coming for
45 review/inclusion into master.