From: Andreas Rueckert <a_rueckert@×××.net>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Auto login
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 17:50:19
1 Hi!
2
3 On Tuesday 02 August 2005 19:37, Wolfgang Müller wrote:
4 > Hi all,
5 >
6 > Thanks for all your work.
7 >
8 > I am currently trying to get catalyst working in order to demo some of the
9 > work done in our group using kool live CDs :-D . After some tries, I have
10 > finally gotten through to the point that my live cd (directly derived from
11 > stage 2) boots. However, it does not automatically login, and as there is
12 > no password for getting in, I do not get as far as I would like to. Could
13 > anyone point me to where to fix this?
14
15 One option is to add a special user with password in fsscript.sh
17 useradd -g users -G wheel,portage -m -p test gentoo
19 and then use KDE to log this user in. We do this with an overlay file under
20 /usr/kde/3.3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc
21
22 Ciao,
23 Andreas