From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] standardizing output
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 00:38:32
1 how do people feel about killing off the use of "print" everywhere and
2 moving to the standard logging module ? biggest advantages in my mind:
3 - we get much easier control over where the output goes (file/stdout/...)
4 - we force people to select a level (info/warning/error)
5 - we get standardized output
6 - we can more easily control the output (debug/verbose/etc...)
7 - we can include module/func/line info transparently in debug modes
8 - we can exit transparently on fatal/critical messages (rather than using
9 die/exit/etc... directly)
10 - we can colorize warnings/errors transparently
11 - we get py3 compat for free (all current print usage is py2-only)
12 -mike