From: Michael Nygard <mtnygard@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Where to find extra files used for official releases?
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:47:47
1 I've finally gotten through the process of making a LiveCD stage2!
2 This, I felt, was an accomplishment.
3
4 Upon booting the new disk, I found a variety of odd problems.
5
6 1. Any attempt to mount partitions from the host results in a "/dev/hdax
7 busy or already mounted" error. I have not solved this problem yet.
8
9 2. I seem to have lost auto-login. The password scrambling worked well,
10 though. So there went a bootable coaster... I could not log in as root.
11
12 I temporarily addressed the second problem by using an fsscript that
13 someone had posted in the forums. It used "chpasswd" to force the root
14 password to a known value.
15
16 This got me a bootable disc with which I could log in.
17
18 Still, it raised a question for me. Where can I find the fsscript,
19 overlay, root_overlay, etc. that are (or might be) used to make the
20 official releases? I want to start with something idential to the
21 2004.3 LiveCD (or 2005.0, depending on how long it takes me) as a
22 baseline.
23
24 Cheers,
25 -Mike Nygard