From: "W. Trevor King" <wking@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: make catalyst call emerge --deep
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 22:35:29
1 On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 06:54:47PM +0300, Burak Arslan wrote:
2 > In a build (a desktop stage 4) I'm trying to run, I'm getting multiple
3 > udevs (=197-r1 and >=197-r2) pulled in (among other errors, see below).
4 > My impression is that if I were able to pass --deep to emerge command,
5 > it'd just go through. Is there a non-hacky way of doing this?
6
7 Are you using `update_seed: yes` in your stage1 spec? You may also
8 need to set update_seed_comman, since by default catalyst only updates
9 gcc and its dependencies. Seed updates are not super clear to me, and
10 there has been a good deal of talk about seed updates on the list
11 recently [1,2,3], so take my advice with a grain of salt ;).
12
13 Cheers,
14 Trevor
15