From: David Shay <davideshay@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Firefox / Bon Echo on LiveCD
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 04:05:15
1 I'm trying to build a generic/livecd type and having an issue with
2 putting Firefox on it. It compiles fine, and emerge shows it's using
3 the "bindist" use flag, which seems to indicate that it should be
4 getting branded as "Firefox" and not "Bon Echo". I used the exact
5 same use flags when I emerged it outside of catalyst and I get the
6 Firefox branding, but it seems no matter what I try, inside the
7 catalyst build, I get the Bon Echo branding. Even tried 3.0.1, where
8 I think I got the "Minefield" branding.
9
10 In any case, I thought it might have been based on things other than
11 use flags, such as a "LINGUAS" setting, so I even tried manipulating
12 the make.conf inside of the chrooted livecd stage 1 build directory,
13 but that didn't work either. (In fact, I even built a patch to
14 catalyst to set this and a few other things automatically, see next
15 post). No luck there, either, though.
16
17 One of the reasons I care is because certain sites actually care about
18 the branding, because the branding actually changes the user agent
19 string. For instance, CNN video doesn't work, even though it
20 otherwise can. Yes, I can install "User Agent Switcher" and
21 manipulate this, but I don't want to have to do yet one more
22 manipulation, especially installing firefox add-ons via catalyst, when
23 I shouldn't have to do this.
24
25 Any other ideas?