From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: LiveCD: Unpacking Firmware
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 00:13:41
1 On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Colleen Josephson wrote:
2 > Update: it seems hotplug/coldplug is the culprit.
3 >
4 > If I disable everything, there is no hum. If I re-enable coldplug
5 > (COLDPLUG="yes"), then the hum re-appear.
6 >
7 > What about coldplug could be causing problems? Where should I go from here
8 > to solve this problem?
9
10 look at the drivers loaded between the two runs. that's really all
11 coldplug does ... look at devices the kernel discovered while booting,
12 and load appropriate drivers for them.
13 -mike