From: lurker <lurker@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Mounting squashfs fails
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 12:44:42
1 A few days ago I made a few small changes (just to the root overlay) to
2 a catalyst project of mine and re-ran from livecd2 stage. For some
3 reason boot now fails during init:
4
5 [...]
6 >> Mounting squashfs filesystem
7 mount: mounting /dev/loop0 on /newroot/mnt/livecd failed: Invalid argument
8 !! Failed to $1: failing back to the shell...
9 BusyBox v1.7.4 [...]
10
11 If I then, from the ash shell that you're thrown into, run "mount -o
12 loop -t squashfs /newroot/mnt/cdrom/image.squashfs /newroot/mnt/livecd"
13 I get the same error as above (invalid argument). Nothing appears in dmesg.
14
15 I've tried upgrading catalyst from 2.0.6 to 2.0.6.905, and genkernel
16 (the one used "inside" the catalyst project) from 3.4.10-r2 to
17 3.4.10.905, but nothing helps. Not that I expected it to do anything
18 since the changes I made since my last successful build cannot possibly
19 have anything to do with any of the bugs fixed in the newer versions.
20
21 How can I troubleshoot this further?