From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] catalyst aborts, can not unmount /dev
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 17:29:05
1 On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 17:53 +0200, Jacques Landru wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > It seems that problem comes from the catalyst2 cache options. I had the
5 > same behaviour
6 > untill I unvalidate kerncache pkgcache, seedcache and snapcache options
7 > in my /etc/catalyst2.
8 > My options field is just
9 > options="autoresume ccache"
10 >
11 > LiveCD rebuild is longer, but all busy device unmount problems, I had,
12 > seem to be solved.
13 >
14 > Hope this can help gentoo catalyst2 developper...
15
16 Unfortunately, not at all... I use all of the caches on several
17 machines and I have no problems with unmounting. Every now and then,
18 it'll have to kill a process, but it always happens in a timely manner
19 and the timeout is long enough.
22 Chris Gianelloni
23 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
24 x86 Architecture Team