From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] rfc: merging catalyst git branches
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 04:42:29
1 On 12/09/2011 04:19 AM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > Hi Jorge,
3 >
4 > Ok, no problem, I'll go back to the #git channel tomorrow and
5 > investigate how to do that.
6
7 Have you received my other mail with notes on git commit-tree and how it
8 can help here? It was sent "Fri, 09 Dec 2011 00:43:45 +0100".
11 > I would prefer to do it without merge commits if possible
12
13 What would be the gain here?
16 >, but that may
17 > mean a forced update. Are you ok with that?
18
19 I would rather not see that. Is there is a problem with the git
20 commit-tree approach that you see but I don't? Please let me hear about it.
21
22 Best,
27 Sebastian