From: Christophe PEREZ <christophe.perez@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: minimal install on usb key
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:34:49
1 Le Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:14:07 -0400, Chris Gianelloni a écrit :
2
3 > Copy the contents of the CD to the USB key and it'll boot. You just
4 > have to use cdroot=/dev/sda1 (or wherever your key is).
5
6 Oh !
7 But I need more details for hat.
8 What kind of file system ? vfat ?
9 Where have I to put this cdroot= ? in isolinux/isolinux.cfg ? instead of
10 croot=/dev/ram0 ? Otherwhere ?
11
12 > Well, livecd-ng was dumped for a reason, it had zero flexibility and
13 > wasn't designed for anything other than creating Gentoo releases.
14
15 I understood that after a lot of reading ;-)
16
17 > There is no "howto" at all, since it is the exact same as building a CD
18 > using catalyst.
19
20 Yes but never found the end of a iso building with catalyst...
21
22 actually, I have :
23
24 >>> Recording net-firewall/iptables in "world" favorites file...
25
26 >>> clean: No packages selected for removal.
27
28 >>> Auto-cleaning packages ...
29
30 >>> No outdated packages were found on your system.
33 * GNU info directory index is up-to-date.
34
35 * <<< Callback exit status: 0
36
37 tar: Bad Option: -jxpf.
38 Usage: tar cmd [options] file1 ... filen
39
40 Use tar -help
41 and tar -xhelp
42 to get a list of valid cmds and options.
43
44 Use tar H=help
45 to get a list of valid archive header formats.
46
47 Use tar diffopts=help
48 to get a list of valid diff options.
49 * ERROR: Could not extract busybox source tarball!
50
51 with stage2.
54 Christophe PEREZ
55 --