From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] timezone during stage4
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 23:38:32
1 W. Trevor King wrote:
2 > > It's not a bad idea, but OTOH copying /etc/localtime and just
3 > > removing it again needs no new parameter and would be quite a
4 > > simple patch.
5 >
6 > But then why not just copy over the portage tree too, instead of
7 > going through the snapshot procedure?
8
9 As it happens, I have a patch which implements that.
12 > I think the point of catalyst is to isolate the final tarballs/ISOs
13 > from the host system used to build them. Otherwise we could skip
14 > stages and catalyst, building the tarballs in a simple chroot.
15
16 Yes and no. For timezone and resolv.conf that doesn't make sense.
19 //Peter