From: derek tracy <tracyde@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] cannot setup livecd-2005.0 splash
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:16:40
1 I am having a serious problem building an XLiveCD. I have a LiveCD
2 working (I built it using the 2005.0 spec files w/new portage snapshot
3 from Apr 15) and built.
4
5 Then after I tweaked it rebuilt it and made sure it worked I took my
6 spec files and copied them to another dir (v0.2) there I added openbox
7 and xorg-x11 to the packages, put X in the USE flags section (I also
8 took out the -X on the livecd-stage2 spec) and attempted to rebuild.
9
10 It error'd out before livecd-stage2 was built saying "Cannot find
11 livecd-2005.0 splash" like I said everything was the exact same as my
12 working v0.1 version. I searched
13 /var/tmp/catalyst/tmp/default/livecd-stage2-v0.2/etc/ and there is no
14 splash directory.
15
16 Both splashutils and splash-themes-livecd are in the kernel postconf.
17 The kernel is also the same one used in my working LiveCD. I have
18 deleted and retried several times once it error'd out attempting to
19 compile bash, I just redid the process and it got past that point.
20
21 My question is why am I getting different results with essentially the
22 same spec files. I have not updated nor altered my workstation in any
23 way shape or form.
24
25 Note:
26 I finally got the XLiveCD working but Openbox would not start because
27 it could not find startup-notification libraries. I took out
28 Startup-notification USE Flag and now I am back to the same problem
29 described above.
30
31 Any help would be greatly appreciated.
34 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list