From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] mkisofs failed with "Unknown charset" error
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 13:31:28
1 Fred Elno wrote:
2 > I have found that the error must come from the -l option which is passed with catalyst, when I manually run the
3 > command, -l option change the charset to ISO-8859-1 which one is found in my locale, but when the command is run from
4 > catalyst
5 > the script failed and mkisofs is unable to find my ISO-8859-1 charset from my locale.
6
7 I'm not sure where you got the impression that the -l option has anything to do
8 with character sets. According to the man page, it just controls whether
9 filenames are allowed to be 31 characters vs. the MS-DOS 8.3 restriction.
12 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
13 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Genkernel + Release Engineering Lead