From: John Eckhart <jweckhart@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] small distros - setups and practices?
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 04:37:48
1 Chris,
2
3 The work you mention for catalyst has been something I've been very
4 interested in leveraging for a while now (read years). If you want any
5 contribution help, I'ld be interested in helping out.
6
7 On a side note, I've been using a locally mounted squashfs overlayed with
8 a bare writable fs (JFS in this case, but it could be any) via aufs to track
9 my portage trees for a while. It lets me compress portage from 600+ mb down
10 to about 50 mb AND speeds up portage access by an order of magnitude. This
11 might be an interesting method to distribute/deploy the tree or even simply
12 track it within catalyst as catalyst builds the updates. Let me know if this
13 might be of interest to you.
14
15 John
16