From: Stephen Ward <sjward@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] sparc auto-login failure
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 15:47:40
1 I've used catalyst in the past to build ISOs for both the x86 and PPC
2 platforms. I'm now turning my attention to SPARC, and I'm running into an
3 issue that wasn't ever a problem for me on x86 or PPC.
4
5 I can't seem to get my SPARC CD to automatically log in as root upon boot
6 up. With x86 and PPC, I didn't have to do anything special at all; it just
7 happened. With SPARC, however, auto-login tries and tries repeatedly
8 (thanks, I'm guessing to a "respawn" flag in /etc/inittab) without success.
9
10 My first question is why would this behavior be any different on SPARC than
11 it is on x86/PPC?
12
13 My second question is what can I do to fix it?
14
15 I've added lines to my fsscript.sh file that do appear to be getting applied
16 to the file system, but they aren't solving the problem. The changes I'm
17 making using my fsscript.sh are as follows:
18
19 * In /etc/inittab, replace
20 c1:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty 38400 tty1 linux
21
22 with
23
24 c1:12345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty --autologin root --noclear tty1
25
26 * Change /sbin/rc so that rather than
27
28 ebegin "Updating inittab"
29 livecd_fix_inittab
30 eend $?