From: "Åsmund Grammeltvedt" <asmundg@××××.tv>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] catalyst related kernel problem?
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 14:46:46
1 On Tuesday 08 January 2008 15:34:09 lurker wrote:
2 > Greetings,
3 >
4 > Often when I build systems with catalyst I encounter the following
5 >
6 > kernel freeze after the boot loader has completed:
7 > > [ ... lots of kernel loading stuff which seems ok ... ]
8 > > Freeing unused kernel memory: 172k freed
9 > > request_module: runaway loop modprobe binfmt-0000
10 > > request_module: runaway loop modprobe binfmt-0000
11 > > request_module: runaway loop modprobe binfmt-0000
12 > > request_module: runaway loop modprobe binfmt-0000
13 > > request_module: runaway loop modprobe binfmt-0000
14
15 I had an issue with the same symptoms. It turned out that after some builds,
16 the initramfs would contain empty files instead of links to busybox.
17
18 In my case, the only way I could get it to work consistently was to patch
19 genkernel to use symbolic links instead, when setting up the initramfs.
22 Åsmund Grammeltvedt
23 Snap TV